Friday, August 30, 2013

Steak and a Movie!

Last night, I decided we needed steak. When we were in Ketchikan, the Captain went ashore for some groceries, and he picked up 6 awesome rib eye steaks. I was not feeling super comfortable trying to broil (and do justice) to $60 worth if meat, but after hunting around in my cook books, I came across a pan-fried rib-eye recipe and decided to give it a shot, along with a new mashed potatoes recipe that uses a block of cream cheese and garlic. The seasonings and the cooking process all went perfect and the crew was stoked. I got compliments from everyone, but my favorites were 1.) "I think that was the best meal I have had out here on a tug!" and 2.). "God damn, that was good!" I pretty much fattened everyone up to the point of food coma and they kept talking about how full they were and they were going to sleep good on the next go-round. I was a good night as "cookie".
This morning, I put together a broccoli and cheddar quiche and called it good. Tonight I'm preparing a shrimp and fettucini scampi dish with fried oysters on the side.
I grabbed a few movies from home before leaving, so last night and the night before, I watched Gangs of New York. Great movie. Tonight, I'm going to watch Master and Commander because I don't think I've ever seen the entire movie. At some point, I need to get my movie collection going on a portable hard-drive so that it's easily transported, and actually acquire a "movie collection" as I really don't officially have one.
Next stop, Anchorage!

No comments:

Post a Comment