Friday, March 1, 2013

Interview!

Finally, the call that I had been waiting for. A tug company "will see me", in other words, they want to interview me as a cadet for the Workboat Program. This means that we can move forward with getting registered in the program at PMI and finalizing things. The last 3 weeks have been stressful to say the least. 3 companies had "decided" to not take more cadets, so my résumé never even made it past the inbox. The next step is to chat with the school next week and figure out when they want to do the interview. I'm packing my bags and heading north in about a week to start the schooling process. I'm not going to jinx the interview by talking about the company, so I'll wait until officially hired. I'm not even jinxing the program and posting this blog until everything is official and I'm sitting in a classroom. If you're reading this, then I'm well underway (pun intended) to becoming a tugboat worker and eventually a captain. For now, I'm just happy to potentially have a spot on deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment