Sunday, March 10, 2013

Arrived at last

Three months of planning and I'm finally here. I rolled into Seattle around 14:30 today. The drizzle met me with open arms and a high-five all at once. I went straight to the house where I'm renting a room and checked in with Chris, who I met through a mutual friend in Sacramento. Chris is good guy, two kids about Dylan's age, he plays in a band and manages the Seattle RacknRoad. He's been very generous with allowing me to stay here and I think it's going to be a great place to call home during my time up here. I'm looking forward to getting to know Seattle a little better. This was the first full day away from the family and I felt every minute of it. I know it gets better once the shock wears off.

Today's drive was almost surreal at times. Oregon is so damn pretty and some of their rest stops have FREE coffee, provided by the VFW. I already had a full cup, so I didn't partake, but I'm sure i'll need to at some point. The fog in the mountains during sunrise was amazing and there was very little traffic until I got close to Portland.

Tomorrow is a free day since school doesn't start until Tuesday. I'm going to run some errands, build myself a bed platform out of cardboard boxes (not quite like the homeless, but close) and get ready for school. I'll probably drive around the city a little and piss on some corners like dogs do in a new backyard. :-). I'm planning to somehow get a workout in as well since 2 days of driving has me feeling a little wound up.

I'm already craving and looking forward to that morning coffee... Sleepy in Seattle. Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment