Monday, February 11, 2013

BEGIN: Change Course to 360!

For those not privy to compass bearings, bearing "360" doesn't exist..  We use to say in navigation that "359+1=0".  Some people get it, others, not so much...

At any rate, I've created this blog for the sole purpose of getting some things out of my head, and onto some sort of platform that might help me learn a little better.  I'm getting ready to start 2 years of training in the maritime industry and I'm taking some advice from someone who did this same path a few years back, and creating a place to recap on my days in an attempt to retain more knowledge.  I'll also be talking about the "why" of this new direction on some of my first posts and how it came about. I think I might have finally found that missing "1" degree with regards to careers and am hopefully on the right heading moving forward.

This blog is mostly for me, yet I know that over time, many people that I know will slowly be tuning in to read my crap.  I'm not going to proofread and take extra time to fix grammar/spelling. I'm hoping to keep this raw, real and easy.  I won't have a ton of time to right essays, but I will take time to recap on my lessons and clear my head.

My wife and kids have been very supportive of this new endeavor, and I don't think I could have taken the steps towards it, if I had to "sell" it hard.  I think Erin understands that it makes sense for us and that the final outcome is going to put us in a better place.  The next 2 years will be tough, but will go by fast and provide us with a more stable future.  Right now, I can't fathom what it's going to be like having to leave the family for 3-4 weeks at a time for Seattle academic sessions, but I do know that many people somehow make it work when one of the parents have to go away for a greater good.  We've talked in great length about the pros/cons and it's pretty apparent that the pros outweigh the cons on many levels.

So, without further adieux, we turn our rudders to a new heading and aim for brighter horizons...

No comments:

Post a Comment