Monday, February 11, 2013

Bigger Boats, Bigger Dreams

So, I was sailing my dinghy (Catalina C-15) whenever i could, but I was outgrowing it and was curious about bigger and better things.  We had our 2nd child a few years before and he too was now exposed to the passion/sport. I explored some classes and decided that I needed to really "learn" about sailing.

 I convinced my friend Joe to take an ASA Bareboat Charter Certification course with me in the Bay and after a few months of classes, we were out sailing on SF Bay by ourselves.  We rented various ~30' boats throughout that year, taking the kids out on the bay and practicing our technique.  Having lunch in Tiburon, checking out Angel Island, and so forth. We talked about the future on how we'd like to take the families to the Virgin Isles or Croatia and rent a boat for a week or two.  Big dreams that I hope to someday fulfill.

When we closed the shop last year, I was provided the opportunity to make a change....

No comments:

Post a Comment