Saturday, October 25, 2014

Let Brass be Brass

It might just be me, but I'm a strong believer that certainly metals should be left to age and patina naturally.  It may also just be a little of my "particular-ness" that can't let things like this go...  So, today I decided to undo some wrong-doing.  I grew up on a boat, and thanks to my parents, have a high degree of respect for brass, stainless steel and even aluminum and don't think (although there are exceptions) that these metals should be painted.
This poor light cover has 2-3 layers of epoxy paint on it, which will always end up chipping over time and looking like crap.  I think a nicely tarnished brass has a certain amount of nautical sexiness that shouldn't be mesed with.
I took it upon my self to go around the boat and give brass back its sexiness. Not  because I like polished brass, but because naturally tarnished brass is "the way it should be.
Let it be, let it be...

No comments:

Post a Comment