Monday, September 23, 2013

Gearing Back Up for more...

Been home for a week after two back to back hitches in Alaska.  I'm gearing up for a 5-week trip to Seattle for school
And then hopefully some work trips in the  winter.

I've been slacking off on the blog posts since I haven't really been doing much "new", just repeating some of the same stuff over and over again and didn't want to bore my followers.   

For October, we learn a ton of new topics: Leadership, Vessel Construction, Radar, Search and Rescue and a few others. It should be a good session, filled with good stuff.

 This session is one of the longest at 5 weeks, but because of the various topics, I don't think it will be too overwhelming and weekend study time probably won't be necessary.
 I'm bringing my bike and planning to do some riding into off time to stay in shape.

I've been getting hit up by quite a few folks who are interested in the Workboat Academy and I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about the school or the towboat industry.
 I'm still new, but have learned a great deal this year.  You can either
Comment on here, or pop me an email:  michaelrupchurch@gmail.com

Here's a couple cool pictures that I took out my galley porthole on my last trip. One near Anchorage and the other in Seymoure Narrows (porpoises).  Thought I'd share.



No comments:

Post a Comment